By Mikal Belicove and Joe Kraynak
Facebook is not as user-friendly as the service would like people to think. As a result, it leaves many users scratching their heads over even the most fundamental features, like the difference between their Timeline and their News Feed. And Facebook’s help system is woefully inadequate.
The Complete Idiot’s Guide® to Facebook, Third Edition gets readers registered and touring Facebook in the very first chapter and never lets up as it reveals the features that have made Facebook the number one social networking platform on the planet. You discover how to…
- Flesh out your personal profile (and protect it).
- Take control of your Timeline.
- Track down long lost friends, family members, and classmates.
- Share photos and video.
- Communicate via status updates, email, and chat.
- Schedule real world get-togethers and send out invitations.
- Share common interests in groups.
- Play games.
- Create and Manage Facebook Pages.
You also learn how tap the power of Facebook for more than simply personal use — such as personal branding; marketing a business, product, service, or non profit; or promoting a worthy cause.